Join us in the PSBA Apiary for fun, some work, and the buzz of the honey bees!
If you haven’t participated yet, PSBA Apiary Work Parties are a great way to learn something new, get your hands dirty there’s always something new to learn at each party, so be sure to attend more than one!
- See our events calendar for upcoming Apiary Work Party dates and Sign up! It is free and open to the public but we do expect you to get work done for the apiary! Bee tourist visits should be arranged for another time. Contact the work party leader if any questions. (Leader contact info will be provided during registration)
- Show up to the PSBA Apiary on the work party date. The PSBA Apiary is behind the greenhouses and the Graham Visitor Center of the Washington Park Arboretum (where our meetings are held).
- If work party dates or times change due to weather, the Work Party leader will contact those who’ve signed up with further instructions. If you don’t register you may not get this vital info.
- All participants are required to have a completed and signed PSBA waiver prior to working in the apiary. Please download the waiver here and print complete and bring to the event with you.
- Be sure to wear long pants, boots that cover your ankles, and bring any beekeeping protective gear if you have it. We have gear you can borrow but we are limited in size and quantity.