PSBA has extractors available for rent to members. Rentals are limited to 1 week. No deposit is required.
There are three extractors:
- Two hand-crank extractors ($15/week). These are tangential extractors that can extract 4 frames at a time — a good choice if you are extracting relatively few frames. Each extractor is manageable for one person to transport and will fit into most automobile trunks.
- One motorized extractors ($25/week). This as a radial extractor that can extract 12 frames at a time. This unit are great for large extracting jobs. The unit is light enough for one strong person to carry and has made it into the back seat of a Prius.
The Association also has a couple of hot knives, an uncapping plane, and an uncapping tank. These are included with an extractor rental.
THE RENTAL PROCESS
- Make sure you’ve paid your annual PSBA dues – rentals are available for paid PSBA members. Join Today if you are not a member yet!
- Request a rental on our scheduling tool here - rental approvals and appointment reminders will be sent via email.
- Pick up the extractor at the day/time sent in your rental approval email. PLEASE BE ON TIME! The standard pickup and drop-off time is 5:30 pm on Tuesday in the Graham Visitors Center Parking lot. Rental fees must be paid at the time of pickup. We like to stick with a predictable schedule, and we must coordinate with multiple parties to manage the extractor exchanges. If you have any questions or special needs- contact Extractor@pugetsoundbees.org in advance of your pickup or return date.
- Required! Clean up and Equipment Return: All equipment must be returned clean and free of debris so as not to attract unwanted visitors to the storage shed and as a courtesy to the next user.
- Late Fee: Please return equipment on time. For late returns, a fee of $2 a day will be assessed to a maximum of $25. If equipment is returned excessively late, future checkout privileges will be denied.